House cleaning service (sometimes called maid service) varies in cost according to frequency of service, condition and size of home. Prices are generally based either on the number of rooms, the square meter or by the hour.
* Weekly cleaning of a 80 square meter two-bedroom apartment, costs $60 – $70. A 180 square-meter single-story home with five rooms runs $85 – $95. A 280 square-meter two-story three-bedroom home with six rooms averages $100 – $110.
* Fortnightly cleaning of the same two-bedroom apartment costs $70 – $80, the three -bedroom two-story home costs $85 – $95.
What should be included:
* A typical regular cleaning includes vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing sinks, floors, countertops and range hoods. Some services include loading the dishwasher and changing bed linen. Generally, a cleaning service will bring all the cleaning products and tools.
* Major tasks like window and wall cleaning are generally not included.
* Oven or refrigerator cleaning runs around $25. Dusting mini blinds averages $20.
* Signing up for more frequent service often means a discounted rate. Fortnightly cleaning versus one-time means a savings of $50-$200, depending on the size of the home.